PAID INTERNSHIP - Arts Administration Intern [Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden]
Arts Department Internship
The arts intern will assist the Director & Senior Curator, Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art and the arts department in the planning and execution of events, exhibitions, and artist residencies. This includes interfacing with staff, artists, vendors and audiences; assisting with scheduling and logistics; and event implementation.
• Prepare for site visits with artists and guest-curators, including printing and assembling packets and assisting with meeting/scheduling logistics.
• Develop portfolio materials for our artist residency programs including video and media, artist surveys, data for EOY review, grant applications and reports, etc.
• Assist with inventory of the arts department equipment, maintenance needs, and other upkeep
• Participation in staff meetings.
• Research grants, sponsorships, and other foundational support opportunities for the arts programming
• Archive video and photo documentation in a systematic way, to ensure events are recorded for posterity • Assist with event pipeline for seasonal arts programming
• Support staff during special events and arts programs including preparing for reception, assisting with preparations and break-down, as well as other specific tasks.
A solid understanding of a cultural institution’s artistic programming and its administrative processes. Increased knowledge in multiple areas of event management and production including logistics, design, implementation, and documentation (including archival methods). Increased knowledge of the NYC cultural sector and Staten Island arts community.