Year Round- Public Affairs Intern - Division of Board Members
The Public Affairs Office at the Federal Reserve Board is responsible for media/reporter engagement and external communication for the agency. The Public Affairs Year-Round intern will assist the office with handling incoming reporter inquiries; monitor and compile stories about and relevant to the Federal Reserve; handle various research tasks, often on short deadlines; and support administrative tasks within the office. The intern will work with all members of the office as well as senior staff through the agency.
- Anticipated Work Environment: This position will require an on-site presence in Washington, DC throughout the year, but will have a virtual component.
- Expected Work Hours: Minimum of 32 hours per week (four full days) throughout the year
- Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2023
Competencies and Learning Objectives: Teamwork, communications, critical thinking, professionalism
Suggested Major/Minor: Communications, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Journalism, English or a related field of study; Some graduate coursework preferred
Required Skills and Knowledge: Microsoft Office
Preferred Skills: Familiarity with news media and economics/finance
Required Documents for application: In order to be considered for the role, please ensure that the following documents are attached to your application at the time of submission:
- Cover letter
- Copy of your Unofficial Transcript
- US Citizenship is required for all Board internships.
- Applicants must be current students, graduating from their program Spring 2024 or later.