Human Resources Assistant (Office Automation)
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. The selectee is not required to report to a government office, however, the option to work in one of the Agency offices may be available.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing human resources services and support for various human resources onboarding information systems and providing customer service.
APPLY HERE: USAJOBS - Job Announcement
- Knowledge of badging process for Federal and Non-Federal Employees
- Assist agency with process of onboarding of Foreign national visitors.
- Distribute and track Within-Grade-Increase (WGI) notices, probationary period forms and other employee and supervisory appointment forms/documents.
- Review generated time and attendance/WebTA reports; identifies and resolve errors and discrepancies; coordinates with Area timekeepers on the submission and accuracy of leave audits, inputs and reconciles leave error and leave balances into WebTA.
- Identify and coordinate with location POCs to resolve discrepancies and deficiencies with submitted documents and information.
- Produce various standard HR reports (i.e., appointment limitations, WGI due dates, etc.) for use and action planning.
- Uphold outstanding and timely customer service for various stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Time in grade: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience must be described for each grade level advertised. The specialized experience requirements for this position are: Qualifying experience for GS-05 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-04 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience assisting with onboarding federal or nonfederal employees; assisting with time and attendance functions; and participating in administrative HR processes.
Education: 4 years of school above the high school level at an accredited school, college or university. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
A combination of specialized experience and education.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience must be described for each grade level advertised. The specialized experience requirements for this position are: Qualifying experience for GS-06 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-05 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience conducting onboarding for federal or nonfederal employees; reviewing time and attendance functions; and utilizing human resources systems to run and analyze reports.
All applicants must be able to type 40 words per minute.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please see above for education qualification requirement information.