Plan Review Engineer - Vail, CO [Housing Assistance Provided]
Our vision is: Clean Water. Quality Life. As a Plan Review Engineer on our Planning & Water Resources team, you will help bring that vision to fruition by supporting sustainable community development. You will perform technical reviews of development proposals related to water and wastewater services and evaluate how new developments will integrate with existing District infrastructure and operations and future planned improvements.
Why work for us? The work you will do will have an impact on our mission as well as community development. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage, employee housing & stipend program, relocation assistance (if applicable), retirement savings plans, and ample opportunities for professional development.
- Administers new account, construction, & remodel applications through a web-based permitting, licensing, and land management platform (Cityworks PLL).
- Acts as point of contact for developers & their consultants. Provides detailed information to the public, engineers, architects, builders, and contractors concerning the correct procedures for preparation and submittal of easement/covenant documents and permit applications.
- Performs technical reviews of development plans, site development plans, and construction projects.
- Leads the Construction Review Team, which reviews all proposed new main line water and sewer system extensions or modifications. Provides professional responses including recommendations, evaluation, interpretation, and analysis, as well as outlining District requirements to ensure compliance. Schedules, tracks, and prepares progress reports.
- Responds to inquiries and performs general administrative duties associated with development within the District’s service area as it relates to water and wastewater services.
- Ensures continuous evaluation and improvement of District rules, regulations, design criteria and standards relating to policies and procedures for developers to obtain water and wastewater services from the District.
- Presents to the Board of Directors on a regular basis about the proposed revisions to the rules and regulations, easement dedication, and encroachment and vacation requests.
- Provides support and information to the General Manager for appeals & hearings related to District Rules and Regulations.
- Provides training, guidance, and administrative support to the Field Operations Department and Customer Service Department as it relates to development projects within the service area.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field preferred.
- Two years of plan review experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
- Must be able to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as well as applicable local, state, and federal legislation and regulations.
- Ability to communicate information effectively and respectfully to address questions from co-workers, clients, and other stakeholders, using tact and discretion as needed to deal with sensitive situations, confidential information, and concerned customers.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and complete specialized records and files.
- Reflect the organization’s mission, vision, and values by working independently and collaboratively in team-based environment, while demonstrating a strong work ethic, professional behavior, and a positive attitude.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District's standards.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Computer experience required including Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Cityworks PLL or similar software preferred. Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new computer software programs.
The pay range for this role is $74,326.30 - $104,052.62. Hiring salary depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Employee housing or $361 monthly housing stipend
- Wellness program
- Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
- 13.5 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- $500 Annual Recreation Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan programs for: Ski Passes, Electrical Vehicles, and Computers
Click HERE to learn more from our full 2023 Benefits Guide.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check. For a full position description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by June 2, 2023.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.