OFFICE ASSOCIATE - OPT. 2 - CLERICAL SUPPORT
Location: Springfield, IL, US, 62701-1411
Job Requisition ID: 25113
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 06/01/2023
Salary: $3,367 - $4,552 (Anticipated Starting Salary is $3,367 STEP 1C)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Please attach your resume, official transcripts, licenses, along with any other supporting documents. This can be uploaded to MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. This is HIGHLY recommended.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 25113
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and energetic individual to serve as Clerical Support for the Office of Financial Management. Under direction, this position will perform a variety of complex, specialized clerical services for unit staff. The position will answer incoming phone calls and greet visitors, screening visitors/callers to determine nature of request. The position will also establish and maintain files and serve as timekeeper. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is detail oriented and interested in playing a supporting role in the Department’s fiscal operations. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
1. Serves as Clerical Support in the Office of Financial Management
2. Establishes, organizes and maintains files
3. Answers incoming phone calls and greet visitors
4. Serves as timekeeper for assigned areas
5. Maintain office supply inventory
6. Provides clerical office support to professional staff
7. Orients professional and other clerical staff regarding Departmental rules and office procedures
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope ofthe duties enumerated above
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of high school
2. Requires 2 years of office experience.
3. Requires ability to keyboard accurately at 45 wpm
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to pass a background check
2. Requires ability to travel
About the Agency
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus. The Division of Budget and Finance plays a supporting role in the Department’s operations by working to ensure the agency’s financial stability and implementation of sound budgetary practices.
Work Hours: M-F 08:30am to 5:00pm
Work Location: 406 E Monroe St Springfield, IL 62701-1411
Agency Contact: Fisayo Oyadeyi
Supervisor: Kimberly Brennon
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (For questions only)
Job Family: Office & Administrative Support; Fiscal, Finance & Procurement
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).