INVESTIGATIONS TEAM SUPERVISOR: PUBLIC SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR OPT. 6
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60616-1310
Job Requisition ID: 26843
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 06/01/2023
Salary: $6,956-$10,607-Anticipated Starting Salary: $6,956/mo.
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 888031
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and energetic individual to serve as Child Protection Investigations Team Supervisor. Under administrative direction, this position will plan, review, and coordinate the activities of a team of professional investigators engaged in conducting child abuse/neglect investigations. The position will make critical decisions on case related activities and provide after hours supervisory coverage. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children and interested in providing leadership of a team of child protection professionals focused on keeping children safe. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong leadership capabilities. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
- Serves as Child Protection Investigations Team Supervisor
- Serves as working supervisor
- Establishes and implements a team-based program of staff development and training for subordinate staff
- Establishes and maintains effective linkages with community organizations, including hospitals, law enforcement, schools, and social service agencies, to enhance child welfare and protective services through operational partnerships
- Explains and enforces agency policies, procedures, state and area statutes, and requirements
- Serves as liaison with permanency staff to coordinate and facilitate efficient and effective case handoff and client services
- Provides input into quality assurance activities
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
1. Requires a master’s degree in social work or a related human services field from a recognized college or university.
2. Requires three years of progressively responsible administrative child welfare experience with an MSW or four years of progressively responsible administrative experience with a master's degree in a related human services field.
Of the previously noted years of experience, requires that the experience include at least 2 years in the administration of child protection/investigations.
Conditions Of Employment
- Requires ability to pass a background check
- Requires ability to travel and possession of a valid driver’s license
Work Hours: M-F 8:30 am- 5:00pm
Work Location: 1911 S Indiana Ave Chicago, IL 60616-1310
Supervisor: Delores Jones
Agency Contact: Tracey Hardrick
Email: DCFS.CookCountyCPSBids@illinois.gov (questions only)
Job Family: Leadership & Management; Social Services
This position DOES contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).