TEAM CLERICAL: OFFICE ASSOCIATE OPT. 2
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60621-2059
Job Requisition ID: 26911
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 06/01/2023
Salary: $3,367-$4,552 -Anticipated Starting Salary: $3,367/mo.
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 912068
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and energetic individual to serve as Team Clerical. Under direction, this position will perform complex, specialized clerical services for a team of supervisors and professional child welfare or child protection staff. The position will answer phones, greet visitors, maintain files, and perform general clerical functions. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is detail oriented and interested in playing a supporting role in the Department 's operations. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families are our focus.
1. Services as Team Clerical.
2. Answers incoming phone calls and greets visitors.
3. Establishes and maintains case files.
4. Completes and keyboards travel vouchers from handwritten materials, calculates and reviews to ensure accuracy, and returns to workers for review and signature.
5 Provides clerical office support as a secretary to the team supervisors and professional staff.
6. Orients professional and other clerical staff regarding Departmental rules and office procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of high schooll.
2. Requires 2 years of office experience.
3. Requires ability to keyboard accurately at 45 wpm.
Condition of Employment
1. Requires ability to pass a background check.
Work Hours: 8:30am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Work Location: 6201 S Emerald Dr Chicago, IL 60621-2059
Supervisor: Ganelli McDonald-Washington
Email: DCFS.CookCountyCPSBids@illinois.gov (questions only)
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).