Sales Associate (Birmingham, AL or Little Rock, AR)
Base Salary: $50,000 + potential bonus
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete virtual, in-classroom, self-study, and/or on-site training sessions according to the training curriculum.
- Performs assigned duties for a twelve- eighteen month period under the direction of experienced sales professionals to gain knowledge and experience in the sales field.
- Work as part of a larger team with experienced sales professionals and mentors in an interactive, collaborative environment.
- Learn the sales process by observing and assisting sales representative in acquiring new business and maintaining existing business.
- Obtain direct work experience from a seasoned mentor by learning to sale and market Group Voluntary and Traditional Products to clients and brokers.
- Assist with sales administrative support within the assigned sales office such as sales information management, tracking and routine reporting.
- Stay abreast of industry and regulations that may impact the voluntary insurance industry.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Successful completion of the Aflac Sales Training Apprentice Program.
- Successful completion of Life, Accident/Health Insurance licensing exam within twelve months of starting program.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Basic administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, flexibility in acceptance of assignments; exhibits dependability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn on the fly.
- Less than or equal to 25%
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary for this position is $50,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1-hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
- Acting with Integrity - Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
- Supporting Change - Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company's goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds