Stewards VISTA: Plant It Forward - Fund Development Coordinator
Plant It Forward (PIF) is a non-profit that provides targeted support to a network of eight (8) independent urban farms, each operated by new Americans. PIFs key program areas include:
- Enterprise: connecting farmers to fair markets through our Farm Share/CSA, farmers markets, and sales to local restaurants.
- Farm Services: connecting farmers to land and ensuring that community expectations regarding site stewardship are met; and
- Farmer Education: providing continuing education in organic farming and small business management best practices. PIF seeks to build on our successful model by expanding opportunities in local agriculture to more new American farmers.
To achieve this goal, PIF must strengthen community support for our work and community understanding of related issues, including the benefits seasonal eating, the urgency of creating a healthy agri-ecosystem, and the importance of refugee & new American contributions within our local food system. Moreover, we need to enhance our fiscal sustainability by diversifying revenue streams and strengthening partnerships with potential funders.
- Research potential corporate sponsors and grant opportunities Engage with and represent PIF to potential corporate sponsors, including through Urban Farm Experiences and during Service Learning events
- Write grant applications Organize and coordinate on-farm events, including PIF Urban Farm Experiences, Service Learning Days (grades 6-12 and college), classes, potlucks, and special events
- Create promotional materials, which may include print, video, and online content Assist in managing PIF’s social media platforms, including Instagram and Facebook
Program Benefits: Choice of Education Award ($6,495) or End of Service Stipend (apx. $3,000), mileage reimbursement, networking opportunities, Relocation Allowance (up to $750 if moving 50+ miles), Training, Living Allowance (48.08/day), healthcare benefits*
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit
Education, Community and Economic Development, Community Outreach, Children/Youth, Environment.
Community Organization, Leadership, Computers/Technology, Team Work, Fund raising/Grant Writing, Writing/Editing, General Skills, Public Speaking, Education, Conflict Resolution, Recruitment, Environment, Teaching/Tutoring
Not the position for you but maybe someone else? Please do feel free to share this job and reach out to me, JM Aurednik, for more information, at email@example.com, or call me at 681.238.0963!