Factory Automation Engineer
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Georgia - Grovetown
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Factory Automation Engineer - 98082
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
As a Factory Automation Engineer for the John Deere Augusta Commercial Products located in Augusta, GA, you will...
- Design/update electrical systems, prints and programs for machines, shop floor tooling and equipment including human- machine interfaces (HMI) and programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Create and maintain interfaces for communicating with shop- floor tools, PLC controls, SCADA and MES systems.
- Lead and execute intermediate to complex professional controls engineering tasks which may integrate several areas of engineering and require limited management or coordination of cross- functional teams, outside design professionals and contractors.
- Respond to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing and maintenance activities.
- Support integration (installation and networking) of shop floor machines, equipment and tooling into site MES and PLCs
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Background in Engineering (Electrical, Controls, Computer, etc.)
- Skilled in PLC and computer programming, Structured Query Language (SQL) and the engineering tools associated.
- Knowledge of electrical design and the codes, common practices and engineering tools required.
- Knowledge of MES/SCADA solutions (SAP-MES, AMES, JDAAT, Ignition, etc.) process control, process scheduling, mistake proofing of manufacturing processes and shop floor device connectivity
- Project management experience demonstrating effective communication, teamwork skills, problem solving and multiple concurrent project workload management.
What Makes You Stand Out
- 3 or more years of experience in one or more related engineering areas: electrical, controls, computer, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with engineering tools, systems, and databases
- 3 or more years of experience in electrical design
- 3 or more years of experience in PLC and/or PC programing
- 2 or more years of experience in project management – moderate to large scale complex projects
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or 3 plus years of related work experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.