Camp Walt Whitman, a traditional children's summer camp located in New Hampshire, is seeking a student nurse to work from June 18-August 11, 2023. This is a unique opportunity to get hands on clinical experience with over 400 campers and 250 staff. You will work closely with 5 RN’s and 8 different Physicians.
You will work an average of 8-10 hours per day, 6 days per week. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the on-call doctor with examination of patients
- Triage and treating campers who come to the Health Center
- Distribution of medications
- Scheduling appointments and working with local doctors
- Taking campers to off-site doctors and emergency room when needed.
- Verifying medical forms
- Working with insurance companies and assuring the completion of insurance forms
- Follow comprehensive standing orders provided by the camp physician, and communicate with the doctors as needed.
- Assist counselors--through training and observation--in monitoring the health and safety of all campers.
- Speaking with parents and updating them on their child’s condition
Stipend includes Salary, Travel Allowance, Room and Board.
Position Runs: June 18– August 11 2023
Please visit our website at www.campwalt.com to learn more about us. While there you can visit our online staff video that shows what it is like to spend a summer working at CWW. If you like what you see, please apply directly online and please feel free to call Carolyn Dorfman at 1-800-657-8282 or email email@example.com with any questions.