Information Technologies Intern
Performs installation, configuration, and system upgrades of technology for the City of South Bend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
· Responsible for configuring new computers, installing hardware and software, and troubleshooting application software problems.
· Responsible for performing Operating System upgrades on desktop and laptop computers
· Responsible for scheduling installation of computers and upgrades with departments
· Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing desktop computers and laptops assigned to City departments
· Provides Help Desk support to end users.
· Assist with documentation, asset inventory, and research as needed.
· Assist with supporting LAN, WAN and network hardware including Ethernet switches
· Assist with supporting servers, storage systems and other similar resources
· Assist with managing & supporting both logical and physical Network/Server Security
· Assist with potential Cisco hardware refresh & Security projects
· Assist with Wireless AP Deployment, UPS Refresh and network rack consolidation/cleanup
· Serves as a backup to other Information Technologies staff members.
· Answers phones, assists customers, and performs other duties as required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate Junior or Senior status in Computer Science or equivalent major preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
· Ability to travel to multiple sites as required.
· Experience in personal computer repair.
· Working knowledge of City or County government a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Would be willing to become Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certified to work with Public Safety technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern is frequently required to sit and walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this job include vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in office settings, with moderate inside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office. Entire office is smoke free.