The position is for an Electrical Design Engineer for the metal cutting and composites business at Fives Aftermarket. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical engineering design of all electrical hardware, power panels, cables, and schematics required for the machine tool products developed and produced at the Fives Hebron, KY, facility. The engineer will provide innovative original technical design, project leadership for sold & development orders, sales and service support, and overall electrical system architecture.
Scope and Responsibilities:
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively attains a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Responsible for the complete and full electrical design which includes interface with the mechanical engineers, laying out the elementary diagrams, design and layout of the power cabinets, picking components, and laying out the cables on the machine.
- Works with the Bid & Proposal team to review customer needs & specifications as it relates to the electrical requirements. Provide technical responses & hours estimates, create project schedules.
- Participates in cross-functional design teams from the product specification stage through implementation and product shipment.
- Works with team members to improve system performance, system design, and reduce the cost and assembly time of automated machinery.
- Works with Assembly to promote efficient & proper system startup, functionality, and design validation.
- Responsible for the hardware system design
- Supports sub and final assembly build process.
- Supports hardware and electrical functionality system debugging
- Maintains project cost targets and schedules to ensure projects are on track; provides updates on project status as required.
- Effectively leads and motivates outside engineering contractor resources when required.
- Works with the installation teams to promote efficient & effective machine installs with acceptance at customers facilities with on-site support when required.
- Supports commonality and consistency within & across product lines within the business group.
- Promotes “right first time” content with appropriate risk mitigation plans when required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency status.
- 5 year minimum electrical engineering experience. 3-5 years of machine tool technology experience preferred.
- Experience with:
- Schematic creation and maintenance; bills of material; complex power panel design; multi-axis servo systems hardware design; networked I/O fieldbuses; commercial cabling systems and configuration; sensor interfaces and technology, PLC’s;.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Excel
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with SAP
Must be a U.S. Citizen