General Ledger Accountant
Dana’s Shared Services organization is passionate about delivering strategic and tactical value to Dana’s business operations through all of its financial disciplines. The finance leadership team has a strong vision of building a world-class finance organization that is fully aligned with the business, driving shareholder value with timely, relevant and accurate information. We do this efficiently and in compliance with all pertinent rules and regulations.
- Accurate and timely input of journal entries during the monthly closing process.
- Prepare and validate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with verification and preparation of internal management reports, such as analytical review reports and key statistics.
- Perform queries and upload data to facilitate systems interface.
- Prepare financial schedules used for quarterly external reporting.
- Develop working knowledge of plant activities to sufficiently be seen as an extension of the plant.
- Ensure compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements and lead implementation of any approved changes.
- Perform self-assessment testing of internal controls.
- Provide support for plant controllers, financial analysts and operations, as needed.
- Facilitate requests from internal and external auditors, providing detailed and reliable information.
- Respond timely to ad-hoc requests for financial analysis and decision support.
- Collaborate with other Shared Service groups (AR, AP, Procurement, HR, IT) to improve and standardized processes.
· Delegation management of issue resolution and problem solving.
· Decision making based on accurate analytics, knowledge of customer needs knowledge of internal controls and corporate policies, and risk recognition.
· Expert organizational skills and mental agility to move among issues and topics and systems with conflicting priorities without losing focus.
· Open and willing to adapt to change and adjust routines accordingly.
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication.
· Detailed Analytical skills.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required. Accounting or finance is preferred.
- 3+ years Accounting experience
· Experience in a shared service or plant operations environment is preferred.
· Possess strong Microsoft Office expertise.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.