Office Operations Assistant
G1 Partners, LLC (“G1”) is a boutique financial services firm. We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team in the full-time role of G1 Office Operations Assistant. Qualified candidates should have a passion for delivering high quality service with a professional and friendly demeanor. Candidates should also possess a natural communication style and a positive, team attitude so that they fit seamlessly into our people-first culture. This role is hybrid (3 to 4 out of 5 days in G1’s Park Ridge office 8am to 5pm located at 300 S. Northwest Hwy., Ste. 209), and 1 to 2 days working from a home office. This position will report directly to the G1 Operations Manager as well as the Founder of the company. Competitive compensation and benefits are offered.
The G1 Operations Manager [an employee who has been with G1 since its founding in 2008] and the G1 Operations Assistant will serve as a two-person team to share and handle the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily Recurring Tasks
- Report directly to the firm’s founding partner each day in order to – organize day, schedule meetings, travel arrangements, and any other tasks that help him and the other senior management’s day more efficient.
- Greet guests/vendors.
- Develop rapport with all personnel and promote a positive, vibrant environment.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail; scan and paper file documents.
- Offer support to our financial analysts - printing, binding meeting books, handling all mailings, trips to post office, and fed exes. Potential eventually for other financial analyst support tasks such as assisting with client statement retrieval and clients’ bill payment.
- General Office Operations
- Order office supplies and maintain/improve office space and equipment.
- Liaise with building management (key cards/security) and outside vendors.
- Formalize office procedures & address employee queries (e.g. IT, stationary, supplies, building issues).
- Organize office operations such as calendar and contact maintenance, tele and video conferencing, and miscellaneous but infrequent errands (e.g. post office).
- Assist in contract and price negotiations with vendors, including current office leases.
- Handle client mailings and gifts (e.g. annual holiday cards and gifts).
- Liaise with the firm’s new family office software provider. 2023 = Onboarding year. 2024 and beyond = Maintenance. For this particular project, the G1 Operations Manager and Assistant will report directly to one of G1’s Senior Managers who is overseeing this project.
- Generally oversee, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, purchase, and decommission of the firm’s software, hardware, and licenses: laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, phones, wireless and cable networks, Microsoft 365, Adobe, password managers, and the like.
- The G1 Operations Manager has an extensive and impressive background in technology and needs the G1 Operations Assistant to assist her.
- Occasional projects for clients.
- Overseeing bi-monthly payroll and all other employee benefit programs (we use an outsourced payroll and benefits provider).
- Benefit renewal process.
- Employee handbook.
- Employee onboarding/offboarding .
- Firm-wide employee training and team building activities.
- Document performance reviews in payroll system.
- Process salary changes and bonuses.
- Employee reimbursements and continuing education benefits.
- Work with G1’s 401K administrator to ensure plan remains in compliance and annual profit sharing is handled.
- Manage PTO, organize & communicate office rotation schedule & required in-office days.
- Plan two staff parties per year and any other celebrations as needed.
- Update marketing materials/website as needed and maintain G1’s LinkedIn page.
- Financials and Filings
- Prepare and lead monthly meeting with the firm’s founder on status of firm’s financials.
- Assist with books and records (we work with a local accounting firm for preparation) monitor firm cash flow, and update Master Management Tool spreadsheet.
- Client billing and payment of firm invoices.
- Annual budget, monitor projected vs. actual net revenues, and create financial summary reports and analyze & identify trends.
- Collect and organize tax data for firm, coordinate with accountants, and meet all tax deadlines.
- Complete annual LLC filings and maintain annual business licenses.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree. Office management or technology experience is not required, but previous experience working in an office environment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work, attention to detail, and ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to suggest and implement efficiencies and improvements.
- A self-confident, creative thinker interested in promoting and fostering a positive, enjoyable work culture and environment.
- Candidate must be able to provide at least three references and will agree to a full background check during the interview process. If hired, candidate will need to sign a confidentiality agreement.