Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 0-5 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- General Computer Skills
Job Description Position Overview
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager in oversight of store operations. You will be responsible for driving results through sales growth while delivering the highest level of brand and operational excellence throughout the store by ensuring your team delivers an engaging customer service experience.
You will cultivate an environment of mentorship and continuous development of your team members while staying engaged in financial metrics and store performance and support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager with overall store operations.
Consistently demonstrate Follett Values - One Team, Innovate & Create, Put People First, Do What's Right, Own the Results, Stand for Inclusion. Demonstrate proficiency in Follett Strategic Core Competencies - Thought, Results, People, and Self. You are required to maintain an availability that meets business needs.
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and Temporary, including:
- Schedules team members' work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers, answer phones, provide information, direct callers, and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Receive, verify, and unload orders as necessary.
- Operated cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, and make changes adhering to safe cash handling procedures, including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation, or peak seasonal periods, including register operations, shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout the store.
- Keyholder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe, works with accounts receivable (CARRR), and works on collecting bad checks. Balances cash, credit cards, and checks to register tapes. Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month reporting. Researches account receivable problems and handle the bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash drawers not balancing. Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report, month-end, and payroll reports.
- This applies to shrink prevention practices and activities, such as visible customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about Follett's benefits, click here
New York City Applicants: $18.00-$25.88/hr
State of California Applicants: $18.00-$25.88/hr
State of Colorado Applicants: $15.00-$21.56/hr
State of Rhode Island Applicants: $15.00-$21.56/hr
State of Washington Applicants: $16.00-$23.00/hr