Account Coordinator Intern- Summer 2023
As an Account Coordinator Intern, you will gain an understanding of the Employee Benefits industry and the distribution models for health and welfare benefit products. The program will provide you with a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage cycle from identifying and properly marketing risks, set-up and implementation of data, building a service timeline, execution of service requests, and working through a renewal. You will build valuable skills in creating and presenting business proposals, understanding specific system and carrier conditions and requirements, and developing time management strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent candidate is someone who is professional, adaptable, and congenial with an inquisitive personality and strong critical thinking skills.
- You should know how to take initiative but also know how to work in a team as a dependable member.
National Internship Program:
At AssuredPartners, our internship program was created to support the next generation of talent in finding meaningful, professional development experiences within the insurance industry. We expect all of our teammates to actively present new ideas, take a thoughtful approach to responsibilities, and help contribute to building our culture. You will grow with the help of an assigned mentor, be exposed to leadership, departments, and other interns, and create lasting connections.
What You'll Do
Please note that the duties below can vary based on the workflow of your local office.
- Complete a rotation through critical teams, which help assess issues, develop solutions, and advocate on behalf of clients.
- Understand the different processes and forces shaping the employee benefits sector.
- Observe and participate in renewal process.
- Understand the organizational flow of revenue through departments.
- Assist in gathering quotations for clients and vendors.
- Assist in developing marketing materials for new plans for clients and prospects.
- Understand health and welfare insurance coverages and apply them to specific client opportunities.
- Copy data and compile records and reports.
- Support efforts in responding to client and vendor requests.
- Tabulate and post data in appropriate customer contact system and/or in applicable database.
- Travel is expected to be negligible in this role.
What You'll Need
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary education, ideally in a degree program concentrating in Risk Management, Business, or Human Resources.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents, and a high capacity for learning is critical.
- Effectively utilize available and relevant technical tools and resources (e.g. Microsoft Office and Excel).
Grow, with us
AssuredPartners is passionate about fueling our clients’ innovation and growth. That makes us the perfect place for creative, dynamic people who want to grow their career while helping businesses, families and people thrive.
We’re proud to be the fastest-growing independent insurance broker in America, but we’re even prouder of the honest, caring relationships that our employees build with our clients every day.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to do work that matters while you learn with us, advance with us, and most importantly, grow with us.
AssuredPartners is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. AssuredPartners is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!