Draftsman/Quality Control Inspector
The Position: Your role is key in ensuring that every product leaving our facility is of the highest quality while making customer projects come to life in our shop though the creation of technical drawings!
We will depend on you to:
• Reverse engineer and make drawings and 3D models of parts from a sample in Autodesk Inventor.
• Document designs by creating technical drawings in Autodesk Inventor.
• Work closely with our engineering and management teams to communicate customer ideas through drawings that will be used to make these ideas come to life on our shop floor.
• Ensure that products leaving our facility are of the highest standard by measuring parts against drawings using a laser scanner, roamer arm portable CMM, material analyzer gun, calipers, micrometers, and surface finish testers and reporting results through inspection reports.
• Analyze materials using Material Analyzer Gun.
• Take scans using Laser Scanner and make 3D models from laser scans using Design X software.
• Research and analyze sources for information, material, components, and hardware.
In this role, you will develop deeper knowledge of material applications, machining processes, and how they all come together in a manufacturing environment. You will work alongside the engineering team to create designs and watch them come to life as they are manufactured in our shop. You will be exposed to a variety of different challenges as the projects we work on are always changing and as a result, you will always be learning something new. This position will both hone your technical skills and develop deeper manufacturing knowledge providing a strong base for growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You have an aptitude for all things technical. You are organized and methodical and enjoy creating drawings. You have great visualization skills and have the ability to represent 3D objects in 2D drawings. You have a strong mechanical aptitude and are interested in how things are made. You take pride in the quality of the work that you do and the company that you represent.