Development & Acquisitions Intern - Summer Semester 2023 - Dallas, TX
Dominium is helping tackle the affordable housing crisis – and we’re looking for motivated candidates to join our team and help further our mission. With offices in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix, Dominium is one of the nation’s most respected and innovative affordable housing development and management companies. We create quality, affordable homes and engage with our residents daily to create a strong sense of community and connectivity.
Join us in making a difference in people’s lives every day at a company where you can challenge yourself to develop both personally and professionally.
The Development Intern will assist the analysts, associates, developers, and project partners, with all aspects of the real estate development process. This includes market analysis, acquisitions analysis, review of investment agreements and other legal documents, project planning, construction administration, and much more.
Development Interns will gain experience in:
- Market analysis and project feasibility
- Proforma and discounted cash flow financial modeling
- Low-income housing tax credits
- Tax-exempt bonds
- Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae/HUD debt financing
- Design and construction
- Project entitlement process
- Recent graduate or undergraduate student of a four-year Bachelor degree program in Real Estate, Finance, or related field
- GPA of 3.5 or above strongly preferred
- Active participation in Real Estate clubs/groups preferred
- College-level math and reasoning skills
- MS Office experience including advanced knowledge in Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong organizational skills
This is a full-time, onsite internship starting June 6, 2023 and ending August 25, 2023.
About Us: Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We operate in approximately 20 states and employ over 1,200 employees. For 50 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium’s values – creating long-term value, developing people, integrity, and growth – are built upon our company’s mission and vision. We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities and community volunteer and outreach programs. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
Dominium is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Dominium is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.