Construction Project Engineer Intern - Summer 2023
Dominium is helping tackle the affordable housing crisis – and we’re looking for motivated candidates to join our team and help further our mission. With offices in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix, Dominium is one of the nation’s most respected and innovative affordable housing development and management companies. We create quality, affordable homes and engage with our residents daily to create a strong sense of community and connectivity.
Join us in making a difference in people’s lives every day at a company where you can challenge yourself to develop both personally and professionally.
Position Summary: The Construction Intern will provide support to the Construction and Architectural Services department as assigned by the senior construction staff while adhering to the policies and procedures set by Dominium. The Construction Intern will maintain professional relationships with all Dominium staff and external Dominium business associates.
- Attend walks and/or meetings as scheduled with Senior Superintendent and/or Senior Construction Project Manager
- Create Project Punch List in the Procore Punch List Tool
- Review O&M Manuals received from GC for completeness
- Submit FF&E invoices through Yardi
- Review and modify contract exhibits
- Prepare standard submittal list
- Call subs for lien waivers
- Review invoices with Construction Project Manager for approval
- Upload invoices into Procore
- Quantity take-off
- Create a database of Unit costs via prices and quantities from change orders
- Audit project documents in Procore
- Audit Legal Hub project documents
- Milestone Dates Database within Procore and/or Workfront
- Must be in the process of earning a bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field
- Knowledge of construction process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and prepare spreadsheets and estimate costs of projects and purchases
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft based software applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
This is a full-time, onsite internship starting June 6, 2023 and ending August 25, 2023.
About Us: Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We operate in approximately 20 states and employ over 1,200 employees. For 50 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium’s values – creating long-term value, developing people, integrity, and growth – are built upon our company’s mission and vision. We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities and community volunteer and outreach programs. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
Dominium is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Dominium is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.