Accounting Intern - Summer 2023
Dominium is helping tackle the affordable housing crisis – and we’re looking for motivated candidates to join our team and help further our mission. With offices in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix, Dominium is one of the nation’s most respected and innovative affordable housing development and management companies. We create quality, affordable homes and engage with our residents daily to create a strong sense of community and connectivity.
Join us in making a difference in people’s lives every day at a company where you can challenge yourself to develop both personally and professionally.
As an Accounting Intern, you will provide support to the Accounting Department by completing general administration, bank reconciliations, excel spreadsheets, bank deposits, research, and other tasks as assigned.
- Perform general administration, clerical, filing, retrieving documents, scanning
- Assist in preparing and distributing paperless financial reporting
- Record a variety of journal entries as needed for routine transactions
- Collect and prepare bank deposits and compile and complete bank reconciliations in accordance with the APPM
- Assist in preparing and completing formal requests for property Replacement Reserve Capital Expenditure escrow funds
- Perform and/or direct all other authorized accounting functions necessary to ensure the proper and effective operation of the Accounting department and fulfill other duties that may be assigned by Department Management
- Maintain timely and regular attendance
- Must be pursuing a 4-year Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Office experience required
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Administrative/clerical experience preferred
This is a full-time, onsite internship starting June 6, 2023 and ending August 25, 2023.
About Us: Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We operate in approximately 20 states and employ over 1,200 employees. For 50 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium’s values – creating long-term value, developing people, integrity, and growth – are built upon our company’s mission and vision. We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities and community volunteer and outreach programs. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
Dominium is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Dominium is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.