Finance Intern - Summer 2023
Dominium is helping tackle the affordable housing crisis – and we’re looking for motivated candidates to join our team and help further our mission. With offices in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix, Dominium is one of the nation’s most respected and innovative affordable housing development and management companies. We create quality, affordable homes and engage with our residents daily to create a strong sense of community and connectivity.
Join us in making a difference in people’s lives every day at a company where you can challenge yourself to develop both personally and professionally.
The Finance Intern will provide support to the Financial Planning and Analysis department as assigned by senior finance and treasury staff while adhering to the policies and procedures set by Dominium and maintain professional relationships with all Dominium staff and external Dominium business associates.
Tasks include: Ad hoc excel modeling, reading and understanding partnership agreements, loan documents, and other relevant legal documents, completing various financial reports, and completing other projects as assigned by supervisors.
- Preparing financials for monthly and quarterly financial review meetings, property surplus cash distributions, limited partner buyouts, refinances, and other value events
- Attending and preparing for weekly investment committee meetings
- Creation and maintenance of complex financial models
- Updating unit and property workbooks
- Updating and distributing various reports to senior leadership
- Pulling and formatting developer cash flow summaries
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a business-related field; or earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a business-related field within the previous 12 months
- Strong verbal, written, and video communication skills
- Intermediate or greater knowledge of Microsoft Office, most notably Excel
- Ability to accept delegated assignments, work with moderate independence
- Must have time management skills to handle multiple projects on short deadlines
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels of the FP&A Department in a team environment to achieve optimal solutions to departmental challenges
This is a full-time, onsite internship starting June 6, 2023 and ending August 25, 2023.
About Us: Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We operate in approximately 20 states and employ over 1,200 employees. For 50 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium’s values – creating long-term value, developing people, integrity, and growth – are built upon our company’s mission and vision. We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities and community volunteer and outreach programs. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
Dominium is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Dominium is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.