Talent Acquisition - Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center Internship - Summer 2023
SEMHC Talent Acquisition Intern Overview – Summer 2023
This internship is structured to provide college students with real-world work experience in a professional environment and assist them in preparing for their future careers. This position will be a hybrid schedule with on-site and remote work required at Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center sites in Indianapolis as well as off-site recruiting events as needed. This internship is unpaid; however, college credit may be received upon completion of the internship and hours are flexible depending on class schedules.
Why Become an Intern?
Internships are an opportunity to apply knowledge learned in the classroom to hands-on experience and strengthen professional work ethics. Gain knowledge of the employer, industry and career field while gaining valuable work experiences and references to enhance your resume.
As an Intern at Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center:
- You will have direct exposure to our senior leaders;
- You will have the opportunity to shadow and observe specialists on the HR team and other departments that support the incumbent’s professional development goals and interests;
- You will receive mentoring from a dedicated mentor as well as inclusion as a member of a supportive team and internship cohort; and
- A letter of reference is available upon completion of internship
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Intern for Summer 2023. Throughout this internship, you will work directly with our SEMHC Talent Acquisition team to support a variety of projects and initiatives, while playing a key role in our day-to-day operations throughout the various functions of Human Resources. You will mainly support the Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center Talent Acquisition Team, however, will also have exposure to Compensation/HRIS, Benefits, Employee Relations, Eskenazi Health Institute Team, and Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center teams. We will look to you to contribute new ideas and insight as a valued member of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contributes to Eskenazi Health's mission of Advocate, Care, Teach, and Serve while modeling Eskenazi Health’s values of Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development and Excellence
- Assist the Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center Talent Acquisition team with full cycle recruiting efforts via screening resumes, sourcing candidates, initial phone screens, scheduling interviews, and offers
- Assist the Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center Talent Acquisition team with onboarding and auditing internal and external hires
- Assist with on-site and off-site recruiting events
- Upon selection of projects, the intern will be expected to follow a designated timeline for completion while performing research, analysis, writing and rewrites as indicated by Talent Acquisition team members
- Review HR compensation tools and employee file management using electronic record systems to manage, audit and prepare data.
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects and reports, i.e. monthly time to fill report
- Assist with preparations for onboarding and training sessions
- Perform other duties as required and assigned across all various Human Resource functions
Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an accredited post-secondary institution and have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate education. The ideal candidate for this internship is a student majoring in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management, Organizational Development/Leadership, Organizational Psychology, or related field and can dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Service-oriented and embraces requests as opportunities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Effective research and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and collaboration
- Takes initiative and follows through on commitments
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to think innovatively and flexibly
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)