Human Resources Internship - Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center - Summer 2023
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center HR Intern Overview – Summer 2023
This internship is structured to provide college students with real-world work experience in a professional environment and assist them in preparing for their future careers. This position will be a hybrid schedule with on-site and remote work required at Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center sites in Indianapolis. This internship is unpaid, but college credit may be received upon completion of the internship and hours are flexible depending on class schedules.
Why Become an Intern?
Internships are an opportunity to apply knowledge learned in the classroom to hands-on experience and strengthen professional work ethics. Gain knowledge of the employer, industry and career field while gaining valuable work experiences and references to enhance your resume.
As an Intern at Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center:
- You will have direct exposure to our senior leaders;
- You will have the opportunity to shadow and observe specialists on the HR team and other departments that support the incumbent’s professional development goals and interests;
- You will receive mentoring from a dedicated mentor as well as inclusion as a member of a supportive team and internship cohort; and
- A letter of reference is available upon completion of internship
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner Intern for Summer 2023. Throughout this internship, you will mainly support the Business Partner for Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center. You will have exposure to Talent Acquisition, Compensation/HRIS, Benefits, Employee Relations, Eskenazi Health Institute, and Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center teams.
The intern will assist with current HR initiatives, in addition to shadowing Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center team members to assist with identification of HR business needs. This will also provide you with the opportunity to work directly with other areas of the Human Resources team to support the variety of projects and initiatives while playing a key role in our day-to-day operations throughout the various functions of Human Resources. We will look to you to contribute new ideas and insight as a valued member of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contributes to Eskenazi Health's mission of Advocate, Care, Teach, and Serve while modeling Eskenazi Health’s values of Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development and Excellence
- Assist the Business Partner with initiatives and projects that span multiple HR disciplines and employee experiences.
- Contribute to the development of and provide ongoing support for process improvement initiatives that optimize the employment experiences for employees and other team members.
- Upon selection of projects, the HR intern will be expected to follow a designated timeline for completion while performing research, analysis, writing and rewrites as indicated by the Business Partner.
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects and reports, i.e. licensure reports, turnover reports, etc.
- Support and participate in employee engagement initiatives.
- Review HR compensation tools and employee file management using electronic record systems to manage, audit and prepare data.
- Present weekly goals and accomplishments to administration team in order to effectively support assigned duties.
- Assist with preparations for onboarding and training sessions.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned across various HR functions.
Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an accredited post-secondary institution and have completed at least three (3) years of undergraduate education. The ideal candidate for this internship is a student majoring in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management, Organizational Development/Leadership, Organizational Psychology, or related field and can dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Service-oriented and embraces requests as opportunities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Effective research and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and collaboration
- Takes initiative and follows through on commitments
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to think innovatively and flexibly
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)