Elementary Physical Education Teacher
Kalamazoo Christian Elementary School (KCES) is looking to hire a committed Christian teacher ready to energetically & effectively provide our students with excellent Physical Education instruction taught from a Christian worldview. This is a full-time position.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong & active Christian faith with a solid knowledge of the Bible. The preferred candidate will understand & be committed to the mission & vision of Christian education.
Fundamental job skills & competencies include collaboration, communication (oral and written), critical thinking, dependability, interpersonal skills, organization, providing motivation & confidence, relationship/team building, stewardship, technology competency, & time management.
The PE Teacher shall:
- Develop and administer age-appropriate Physical Education classes consistent with school goals and objectives
- Teach knowledge of, and develop skills and abilities in; physical fitness, coordination and agility, exercise, and sports according to student developmental level
- Develop students’ concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills
- Provide a safe and optimal learning environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
- Teaching Certification (Physical Education)
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- 403b retirement plan with employer matching
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free employee assistance program through Pine Rest
- Professional Development opportunities
- Tuition discount for eligible dependent children
How to Apply
To be fully considered for the position, please submit:
- A cover letter
- At least 3 letters of reference
- KCS Application (Click to download)
- Answer the KCS Mission Statement Questions (click to download)
Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled. If you would rather email your application documents directly to Kendra Muller directly, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.