Maritime Technical Trainee
DNV Maritime Region Americas offers graduate 2023 opportunities.
Are you looking for new opportunities? DNV Maritime Region Americas offers positions as Technical Trainee for you who graduate in June 2023.
If your ambition is to make a real difference and seek opportunities beyond business, this could be the perfect start for your career.
DNV is now looking for graduates who are ready to join us from June 2023. We are primarily looking for graduates who want to join our Technical Trainee Program within Maritime Business.
We will select coming graduates based on business needs aligned with your education, experience, and background. Please indicate your Bachelor program specialization and/or main area of study during the application process.
We trust you as a relevant candidate are triggered by our purpose of safeguarding life, property, and the environment, which is key in our projects.
We are primarily hiring candidates with relevant Bachelor or higher Program specialization from:
- Computer Science or equivalent
- Cybernetics and/or Robotics (with some maritime courses)
- Engineering and ICT
- Marine Machinery
- Marine Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
What You'll Do?
- The program lasts for 12 months and will be split into three modules. You will initially become familiar with your home unit, followed by two periods of job rotation. During the two rotations, you will have the opportunity to work within various relevant technical disciplines. Our ambition is to give you a broad technical foundation to pursue your career further within Maritime Region Americas.
- You will be given the chance to explore our Maritime organization in different locations and become familiar with the daily working life of surveyors, approval engineers and technical employees, and you will gain valuable technical experience.
- You will become well acquainted with the DNV’s company culture and organization and expand your professional network. We are confident that we can offer interesting, challenging, and fun experience!
What is Required
You have a passion for science and technology and can identify yourself with our purpose, value, and standards. It is important to us that you fit well into the organization and working environment.
As a person you would typically fit into one or more of the following descriptions:
- Strong interpersonal skills (communicate well in any environment)
- Quick learner and data smart
- Proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Comfortable with new challenges and a personal drive to achieve goals
- A creative problem-solving attitude
- The ability to build networks
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Analytical, structured, and systematic
- Adhere to the Growth Mindset thinking
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Must have current valid drivers license
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
What the role offers:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- 12 months technical trainee program, extended with an individual development plan thereafter
- Great colleagues who value team development and support
- International working environment
- Valuable and real-life experience through our projects
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Meet other professionals through established networks and informal events
- Hard work but also lots of fun!
- Building a professional network