Paid Summer Internship - Overnight Special Needs Camp
Looking for a paid summer internship?
We’re looking for motivated individuals who have a desire to work outdoors with children who have emotional, learning and behavioral challenges
We offer 140+ hours of hands on training along side consistent in the moment and scheduled feedback!
Specialists are camp counselors who live in cabins alongside youth campers and accompany groups of campers through all daily camp activities. In any specialist role, you work directly with campers to provide fun and engaging group programs.
• Encourage camper participation in all camp activities
• Help campers who may require additional time or explanation
• Support campers who may require extra attention or assistance
• Implement and monitor individualized camper behavioral plans
Salary and Perks of the Job:
• Room and Board included
• Laundry Service provided
• Paid time off
• Travel Stipend available for staff members traveling over 250 miles
• Earn course credit (dependent on your school’s requirements)
• Earn certifications
• Gain valuable skills needed to work with a variety of children
• Make friends that will last a lifetime
Some of the topics covered in the weekly seminar include:
· Core Values of Starfish and Goal Setting
· Hierarchy of Needs
· Restorative Justice
· Leadership and Facilitation
· Techniques to support Children
· And so much more!
If you choose to join us for the summer, you are eligible to apply for our 15 month Fellowship, which provides further opportunities for professional development and funds for a self-directed project.