Manager, Cloud Data Engineer, PGIM O&I (Tampa, FL / Hybrid) (R-112843)
At PGIM, we care about our employees, and we are committed to seeing them succeed. We provide our employees with access to professional development and support to help drive their success and ability to innovate.
The Cloud Data Engineer role reports into VP, Data Officer, PGIM Operations and Innovation (O&I).
PGIM Operations and Innovation drives digital transformation, modern data analytics, and operational excellence across PGIM in partnership with our business and corporate functions. We are aligned into seven verticals to drive innovative solutions and deliver operational services that contribute to PGIM being a world-class investment manager. Our workstreams operate in a collaborative, agile manner and foster a strong community focused on most relevant emerging technologies and best-in-class solutions.
As a Data Engineer, you will bring a structured, organized approach, and a strategic mindset towards driving the organization’s data journey.
You will also be responsible for ingesting, transforming, and validating data into the data lake. In this role, you will evaluate and implement tools needed for data governance, architecture, and quality.
The role is based in our office in Tampa, FL and will follow a hybrid schedule (2/3 days in office).
- Collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, data management system tools, and code development (e.g., SQL, Python).
- Perform aggregations on data across various warehousing models for data analytics and reporting purposes.
- Interact with data analytics and reporting teams to understand how data needs to be structured for consumption.
- Configure and maintains MDM tools and system processes to ensure proper function of MDM mechanisms.
- Define master data quality validation criteria and implements automatic error detection schemes.
- Assist the business process experts in defining unicity rules and validating quality of master records.
- Support domain owners and data stewards to analyze quality issue root causes and remediation efforts.
- Monitor cross-BU data provisioning to ensure provisioning is done via official sources.
- Support selection and implementation of tools for governance, architecture, and quality with input from Global Technology.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree is required in a relevant field.
- 6+ years of experience working in a data engineering role supporting an on-prem Data Lake; experience within institutional asset management is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS (Glue, S3, AWS CLI, CloudFormation Templates, IAM, Aurora, EventBridge, Lambda, CloudWatch); AWS certifications a plus
- 2+ years of experience with Snowflake (SnowSQL, SnowPark)
- 5+ years of experience with any relational database (SQL, Store procedures, functions)
- 5+ years of experience with Python.
- Extensive hands-on experience in modern data lake architecture, database development, and data modeling.
- Strong implementation skills and working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Hive). Must have hands-on experience using Spark.
- Solid Linux OS and Shell Scripting experience.
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following RDMS: Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres or MySQL.
- Strong communication skills: able to partner with technical and business stakeholders to drive innovative solutions.
- Prior experience using data governance technology tools.
- Prior experience in a lead role is desired but not required.
- Experience working in an agile environment embracing collaboration within and across teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented; Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Professional and energetic self-starter. Comfortable with ambiguity, able to effectively take the conceptual to the pragmatic.
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential