INTERN - WOODSTOCK, GEORGIA
Summer internships are 10-week programs that combine on-the-job training with structured learning opportunities. Our interns participate in projects with our operations or in support functions. These projects are designed to provide valuable, firsthand experience in the construction industry and excellent opportunities for networking and professional growth.
- Acquire specific knowledge on the practices of the business line
- Be an advocate for safety
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Must be in 3rd or 4th year of completing your Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in:
- Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical, Mining)
- Construction related field
- Concrete Industry Management
- Must be in 3rd or 4th year of completing your Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's Degree preferred in:
- Mining Engineering
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, allocate resources and interact with all levels in an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/computer Equipment
- Capable of working in an open office environment
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary
- Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures
- Walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear to communicate to employees/visitors
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.