Seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to support Physician Practice management for HCA’s Physician Services Group. Staff Accountant I’s will be responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of practice operations and support of practice management. You will maintain multiple general ledgers and prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
What you will do in this role:
- You will prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management in the review of monthly operating performance
- You will also prepare monthly reports for key indicators and statistics
- Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions
- You must also distribute monthly reports to appropriate practice management personnel
- You will prepare monthly reconciliations for all Balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Prepare and submit annual personal property tax and Sales & Use tax returns, as required
- Conduct timely internal compliance audits for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and A/R (CBO), as directed
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Accounting is required
- Other business related fields may be considered
- Entry level position; up to two years of progressive accounting experience
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).