Entry Level Electrical Engineer / Computer Engineer - Hybrid (*Signing Bonus*)
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several entry level electrical / computer engineers for its Monroeville, PA location just east of Pittsburgh.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
Due to security reasons and the nature of the BPMI work, a majority of work is performed on-site. There is the opportunity for partial remote work flexibility is available based on the job function.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position is a technical project engineering position responsible for the development of nuclear reactor and electric power distribution instrumentation and control systems and related devices and begins with system concept and continues through the end of system life.
- Specific job responsibilities include the preparation of system performance and test specifications; verification and approval of supplier designs; engineering follow through manufacturing, test, and installation; resolution of fielded equipment problems; extensive communications with customer and supplier personnel.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Internship, co-op, or professional experience in electrical instrumentation, control, and/or power conversion equipment design is preferred.
- Knowledge of microprocessors, digital signal processors, complex logic devices (including VHDL), software, power semi-conductors, and electromechanical devices is desired.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks and meet project need dates is preferred.
- Successful coursework in technical writing or technical writing experience is preferred.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities are also preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance
Perks of the Job:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision plans
- Sign-on bonus
- Wellness rewards program
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Flexible schedules
- Hybrid in-office/remote work schedule
- Personal time off
- Holidays and floating holidays
- Medical time off
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education and training
- Dress for your day
- Free parking
- On-site fitness center (Pittsburgh location)
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
Problem Solving / Analysis