We are growing! Klein Tools make great products with the highest of standards. We value Quality, Customer Obsession, Innovation, Teamwork and Ownership. These five distinguishing values define our company’s culture and how we operate as an organization. We believe that these values set our business above others in our industry. At Klein Tools, you have the opportunity to forge your career with an iconic brand to drive your future!
There has never been a better time to join Klein Tools!
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for performing analysis on people, scheduling, and logistics. This position will recommend ways to increase productivity and maximize efficiency in the distribution center.
- Recommend and implement improvements in the distribution center through statistical data analysis and job design.
- Prepare value stream maps, flow charts, and standard work combination sheets to document distribution procedures.
- Evaluate daily operations and relieve bottleneck areas by working with managers, supervisors and key stakeholders.
- Perform root cause analysisto implement corrective actions.
- Assist in the implementation of World Class Principles to improve customer satisfaction and lean manufacturing standards.
- Set-up and maintain items in the Warehouse Mangement System to manage the flow of products throughout the building and how the system directs flow of material.
- Create daily and monthly reports and provide analysis. Also responsible for creating query reports on demand for team members throughout the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the nature and level of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with one ﴾1﴿ year of relevant work experience is required. Experience working in a distribution or manufacturing environment is preferred. Experience with AS400, Shop Floor, AutoCAD, Boss, and warehouse management systems are preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel to analyze data and develop queries/reports. Ability to recognize and report safety hazards. Ability to adhere to project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills combined with the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with people, projects, and issues. Must have problem solving skills.
Physical Demand Requirements
Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, and lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
10% (3 days per month)
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.