Distribution and Logistics Intern
The Distribution and Logistics intern will rotate every three weeks between receiving, returns, picking, packing, and shipping to learn the job duties of each area and gain a full overview of the operations of the distribution center. This position is responsible for preparing packages for distribution to various departments, inspecting and sorting returned goods from retail channels, picking products in assigned zone and placing them in boxes on a conveyor system, performing small pack duties, and preparing packages for shipment by packaging boxes and staging pallets according to the daily shipping schedule and delivery specifications. In addition, this position is responsible for evaluating the efficiency of the processes in each area and reporting to management with their feedback.
- Evaluate the efficiency of work processes in each area of the Distribution Center and report to management.
- Unpack products in the receiving dock, remove package wrapping and re-pack products into bins and/or onto pallets to be moved into the picking or storage areas.
- Visually inspect returns products to determine if product is acceptable for stock, verify return records, and complete required paperwork to document the disposition of inspected product.
- Pick customer orders by operating RF Scanner to scan order tickets, pick product(s) in assigned zone and place them in boxes on a conveyor system.
- Package final products by following written work instructions in job folder that includes placing product into clamshells, adding product cards, applying proper labels and/or placing them into boxes.
- Report accurate count of time spent and quantity produced for each assignment by scanning badge at the beginning and end of each assignment and completing required paperwork.
- Sort and stage pallets in the shipping dock by operating a Pallet Jack or by hand based on daily shipping schedule, truck weight limits and requirements.
- May operate Pallet Jack to move leftover products after assignment completion from work station to racking area.
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management.
- Follow Six Sigma lean manufacturing standards to keep work area clean and safe from hazards.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Qualified candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program to be considered.
- Must be able to use an RF Scanner, Pallet Jack, and Staple Gun. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Ability to work independently and with others. Ability to meet established deadlines. Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.