Technical Execution Associate
If you are looking for a career opportunity with an established industry leader, working with a driven team of diverse colleagues within a highly-energized environment, Emerson has a great opportunity for you!
Based in St. Louis, MO, the Technical Execution Associate will be a key team member helping to coordinate the technical aspects of manufacturing projects completed at our North America Integration Center. This team manufactures process control equipment for industrial customers across North America. In this highly visible role, you will help to drive technical support for a portfolio of as many as 50-100 active projects or manufacturing orders at any given time.
You will be working for a company that believes a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of employee resource groups.
As a Technical Execution Associate, you will:
- Provide support for project technical analysis and manufacturing, as guided by the operations director
- Obtain feedback and gather data from project managers to ensure complete technical compliance with Emerson engineering standards and customer specifications
- Work closely with the estimating team to vet technical solutions for proposal activities
- Collaborate with engineering and design personnel to answer questions regarding constructability and assembly of specific designs and drawings
- Assist with project execution responsibilities, such as: technical submittals and queries to customers
- Develop Bills of Material in the MRP system based upon drawings, estimates and customer documentation
- Support the creation of new kits and subassemblies for use in standard product lines
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide technical support to project managers and production managers for various project and manufacturing activities
- Coordinate the activities associated with customer or 3rd party inspector visits
Who you are:
You handle uncertainty with confidence. You research initiatives and try new approaches. You think about multiple ways to get the same outcome. You identify the impacts or consequences of situations and raise to the appropriate channels.
Required education, experience & skills:
- Associate's degree and working experience in a technical, project support or coordination role (3+ years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Preferred education, experience & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technical or Business
- Experience in a manufacturing atmosphere using ERP/MRP such as Oracle or SAP
- Inclination to understand how things work, technical curiosity