Technology Tax Consultant - R&D Tax Credits
Job Category R&D Tax Credit Services - Technology
Level Entry-Mid Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
Location(s) Indianapolis, IN; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX
The role: As a Research & Development Tax Credit consultant, you will conduct R&D Tax Credit studies for our information technology and software development clients by combining an understanding of tax law with engineering and technology disciplines. Our R&D Tax Credit team is responsible for engaging in projects from start to finish, including meeting and consulting with clients, analyzing complex data, and preparing detailed and compliant client reports.
What you will do:
- Apply principles of computer science and technology to consult with clients on R&D Tax Credit engagements
- Review and analyze all available financial data for each respective project
- Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through use of Microsoft Excel
- Prepare written technical narratives related to each project’s findings
- Conduct site visits at client locations to document and consult regarding the nature and use of research and development resources
- Ongoing client relationship management
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in the technology industry is desirable, but recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, strong and written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to reliably transport yourself to various client locations across the country, as needed
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based R&D Tax Credit claims. We also offer consulting on fixed asset services and cost segregation, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.