MBA Intern, Summer 2022
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our headquarters and R&D are based out of Phoenix, AZ and our manufacturing operations are in Indianapolis, IN. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
We are recruiting two MBA candidates (class of 2023) who will work together to strategically map “what’s next?” for EnPower, electric vehicles, and the Lithium-ion battery industry at large. Projects may include a market research deep dive, competitive landscape review, supply chain analysis, or investment scenario planning. The objective of the MBA team is to gather, analyze, and interpret market trends to inform EnPower’s technology roadmap and strategic initiatives. Responsibilities may include:
· Researching the Li-ion industry to evaluate new and existing market opportunities, including sizing the market, analyzing product-market fit, and developing a go-to-market strategy
· Building and analyzing a financial model to evaluate the economic feasibility of various product lines
· Mapping industry trends across metrics including product specifications, production capacity, markets and applications, capital, and talent
· Making recommendations for new technology and product development
· Synthesizing information into a data-driven business plan
· Presenting learnings and business plan to senior leadership and the Board of Directors
Interns will have visibility to corporate business development and direct access to EnPower’s executive team and strategic planning. Oh, and we will probably have some fun during the summer too! Co-locating with our team in Indianapolis, Indiana is required.
To do this successfully, you will need to understand the basics of Lithium-ion batteries and how EnPower’s technology fits into the existing landscape. You are probably experienced in leading technology and business consulting projects and already familiar with emerging innovation and business models in the clean technology space. You can get up to speed on a hard-tech/clean-tech topic quickly so that you can perform fact-based quantitative analysis, cost modeling, and scenario analysis from primary and secondary market research to deliver and defend an original business strategy recommendation.
· Advanced graduate degree in progress and excellent academic record required
· Engineering undergraduate degree preferred, preferably Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Material Science
· 2+ years in a market research or strategy consulting role preferred
· Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to synthesize data into clear, compelling visual presentations
· Ability to adapt and thrive in a hyper-growth environment with changing objectives and demands
· Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
· Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Motivated, independent, and capable of life-work integration
- Appreciate that our mission, Building Better Batteries, is a tool to help us build a better product, drive a strong culture, and raise a resilient company
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs