Gas Field Engineer
To evaluate, design, and estimate natural gas distribution facilities for new business, public and system improvement, and maintenance projects according to company standards and other applicable guidelines and codes. Natural gas distribution facilities may consist of main lines, service lines, and measurement & regulation equipment. The Engineer will provide technical assistance and support for Construction and Field Operations staff involved in the construction, operation, and maintenance of distribution facilities. Collaborate and coordinate efforts with key stakeholders on large distribution projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, design, and estimate natural gas distribution facilities
- Prepare permit applications and easement requests
- Prepare detailed drawings
- Compile capital work order / job order packets
- Prepare budget estimates
- Report on project variances
- Support Operations employees in emergency situations
- Provide training and guidance to new personnel
- Act as liaison to state, county, and local government officials
- Conduct winter preparedness reviews
- Assist in contract bid documentation
- Maintain MAOP documentation
- Ensure safe and reliable delivery of energy services at best cost
- Meet or exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Actual project costs are within 10% of estimated costs
- Safe/efficient high quality engineering designs that comply with policies, practices, standards, and applicable codes
- Productivity and performance results that meet or exceed expectations
- Timely delivery of all facility designs
- Consistent communication with key stakeholders and business partners
- Ensure post and pre winter operation system reviews are held
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a 4 year ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program.
- Obtain EIT Certification within 2 years of hire date
Applies to new hires or those transferring into any of the following gas engineering job families: field engineering, design engineering; gas systems planning; standards
- Obtain P.E. license within 6 years of hire date for state primarily working in
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Master's degree in Business or Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
This position will be filled based off of the skillset of the candidate and will be filled as one of the below title:
- Associate Field Engineer 1
- Associate Field Engineer 2
- Field Engineer
- Senior Field Engineer
Relocation assistance is available for this position
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):