NMR Support Chemist
Cogent Scientific, a life sciences workforce solutions company, is working in partnership with top tier companies in clinical, R&D and Drug Discovery arenas. We offer you the chance to build on your skills and knowledge while working among experts in their field and with cutting-edge instrumentation. We aim to recruit the best people who stand out among their peers. Cogent Scientific offers an attractive benefits and relocation package as well as an exciting work environment.
We currently have a role available for an NMR Support Chemist.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing samples and buffers.
- Loading samples onto NMR and analyzing/interpreting NMR data.
- Calibrating instrumentation.
- Creating worklists and SOPs.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- BS - Chemistry or related field with 1-3 years of industry experience in analytical, bioanalytical or biological laboratories (equivalent academic research experience acceptable).
- Familiarity with NMR – academic or industrial – preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Works well both as a team and as an individual.
- Demonstration of very strong attention to detail, very strong problem-solving skills, a high level of learning agility, and the ability to work across functions. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the leadership and communication skills necessary to operate effectively in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment with flexibility and an adaptable approach to goal delivery.