The Idaho State Police (ISP) has a current opening for a Financial Technician in Meridian. This position will analyze, research, forecast, and reconcile complex financial documents; ensure compliance with laws, rules, and policies; perform related work.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
Example of Duties
- Independently perform specialized financial record keeping, maintenance, review, verification, and support functions
- Use bookkeeping methods and procedures to prepare work/spread sheets, standardize summaries and reports, and perform reconciliation
- Use automated systems and system software to enter, retrieve and edit financial data, and prepare financial documents
- Research accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors in financial transactions
- Has latitude in explaining and applying policies, procedures or regulations, and in determining if financial data meets compliance standards
Good Knowledge of: Financial Record Keeping
- Researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports
- Using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data
- Using Microsoft Office suite, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
- In reviewing accounts payable and accounts receivable for processing and generating related reports
Please see the online job posting for complete information.