Field Engineering Internship - Summer 2022 (Wintersville, OH)
This role will assist and be under the guidance of other engineering staff working on projects to meet various utility facility needs. This position may also require the successful candidate to evaluate, design, estimate, and provide project management of gas facilities at various levels of complexity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This position requires a current student of an ABET accredited, four-year engineering program
- High importance placed on the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and written
- High consideration for those candidates with interpersonal skills which are effective in communication with internal and external customers.
- Desire a quick learner with the willingness to remain flexible in various work assignments.
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Collecting and analyzing data and reviewing records.
- Creating job order sketches using AutoCad.
- Perform field measurements
- Assemble data to create job order estimates
- Successful candidate will start in summer 2022
- Safety consciousness required
Required Qualifications for Position
- Current student of an ABET accredited, four-year Engineering program
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate study in an engineering discipline (chemical, civil, construction, industrial, design, petroleum, or mechanical)
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week
- Proficiency with PC applications and prefer strong skills with AutoCad and MS Excel & Access
- Proven communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities. Do not apply for this position on Handshake. To be considered for the opportunity, you must apply using the link provided.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.