Prepares and maintains general ledger account reconciliations, month end accruals and related journal entries. Assist with the preparation and review of monthly financial statements.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
- Prepare account reconciliations to properly support balance sheet account balances
- Analyze general ledger accounts, enter journal entries and maintain account reconciliations as assigned
- Assist with month end closing of all Mastronardi Produce USA entities
- Understand the relationship between Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the general ledger
- Interact with various employees in different departments in a professional manner to resolve invoice approval and coding questions
- Analyze invoices to confirm accurate recording in the general ledger
- Prepare general ledger journal entries to record various transactions including, but not limited to, treasury activity and prepaid expense amortization
- Manage fixed asset records with accurate input of acquisitions and disposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, a good attitude, and work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills, ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and pay close attention to detail
- Strong computer proficiency (Excel); experience with Microsoft Navision or similar ERP system preferred
- Typical office environment