Process Engineer I/SRR
About L&T Technology Services
L&T Technology Services Limited (LTTS) is a global leader in Engineering and R&D (ER&D) services. With 719 patents filed for 57 of the Global Top 100 ER&D spenders, LTTS lives and breathes engineering. Our innovations speak for themselves – World’s 1st Autonomous Welding Robot, Solar ‘Connectivity’ Drone, and the Smartest Campus in the World, to name a few.
LTTS’ expertise in engineering design, product development, smart manufacturing, and digitalization touches every area of human lives - from the moment one wakes up till the time one goes to bed. With 69 Innovation and R&D design centers globally, we specialize in disruptive technology spaces such as 5G, Artificial Intelligence, Collaborative Robots, Digital Factory, and Autonomous Transport.
LTTS is a publicly listed subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, the $21 billion Indian conglomerate operating in over 30 countries
- We serve more than 200 customers globally, including 48 of the top 100 Global Engineering R&D spenders.
- We offer design and development solutions throughout the product development value chain and provide solutions in the areas of mechanical and manufacturing engineering, embedded systems, software engineering and process engineering
- We focus on innovation driven technology leadership and have set up research and test laboratories, specific to our customers’ offerings, and which seek to replicate our customer’s work environment
- We provide services and solutions in the areas of New Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering Analytics, Power Electronics, M2M Connectivity and IoT.
- Our ER&D services help customers reduce time-to-market for their end products and services, innovate to create new products and solutions, reduce cost of development and meet increasing regulatory requirements
- Perform analysis requiring knowledge and application of basic chemical engineering principles.
- Develop process specification for equipment such as, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, distillation columns, etc.
- Utilize software such as PRO/II, PS PPM, Aspen HYSYS, Visual Flare, and HTRI to design, model and run hydraulics on unit operations.
- Calculate and organize data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations.
- Develop process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Contribution to P&ID development
- Review and verify heat and material balances of different modes of operation.
- Analyze overpressure scenarios on a wide variety of equipment, calculate the required relief loads, and size relief devices.
- Develop documentation to capture all findings and participate in client risk asses.
- Make appropriate mitigation recommendations per client and industry standards that are both cost and schedule effective.
- Participate by providing technical input to client’s existing Management of Change (MOC) reviews for all ExxonMobil Baton Rouge sites.
- Evaluate existing facilities’ blowdown systems – determine overpressure scenarios that would result in the sizing limitation for the existing vessels, run hydraulics, calculate liquid retention time, etc.
- Evaluate existing facilities’ flare network – building the flare network, evaluating for global overpressure scenarios, running hydraulics, etc.
- Maintain effective communications with the project team and the client.
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering required.
• M.S. in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of Process Engineering experience or higher degrees of education (MS or PhD) required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Safety Relief experience preferred.
- Experience preferred supporting engineering and construction in refinery