Engineering Internship Program Summer 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
Join us as we build the future in Engineering! Interns will have the chance to support engineering projects in space systems, military systems, commercial aircraft or technology development. Internship opportunities are available in but not limited to: aerospace/flight, mechanical/structural, electrical, software, product security, systems, industrial, material and test engineering.
These positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Additionally, some positions may require the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
These positions are in multiple U.S. locations and may or may not be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Some of these positions allow telecommuting. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions have been identified as virtual opportunities and do not require applicants to live in close proximity to a Boeing facility.
Some of these positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions are NASA safety-sensitive positions and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Some of these positions require the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2022
- Currently majoring in one of following core engineering/applied sciences disciplines (Aeronautical/Aerospace, Civil (especially Structural emphasis or interest), Chemical, Computer Engineering/Science, Electrical, Industrial, Materials, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mathematics, Physics, Software, Structural, Quality, Industrial Engineering Technical, Industrial Management, Operations Research, Engineering Mechanics, and Systems).
- Enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong academic performance (preferred GPA of 3.0 or above),
- Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills as demonstrated through leadership positions on teams and/or in student or civic organizations
- Strong technical experiences as demonstrated through technical projects, research or engineering internships
- Exceptional communication skills and interest and enthusiasm related to engineering, aerospace and a career with Boeing
- Junior or Senior class standing
These positions offer relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: $44,000 – $70,000
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award