Process Automation Internship - Summer 2022
CNO’s Robotics Process Automation Intern program is designed to introduce college students to the application of process automation skills in insurance. As a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Intern, you will be involved in creating, editing, testing, implementing robotic scripts in CNO's Enterprise Operations Group related to new business, underwriting, claims, and customer service. You will report directly to the head of the process automation team. In this internship you will be exposed to projects at various stages from inception to completion including documenting ROI, gathering detailed business requirements, working in an AGILE mindset to plan and schedule development, coding a bot to perform processing tasks, testing a bot, implementing and monitoring the bot in production. Additionally, you will review existing bot code and functions and report feedback to the robotics Product Owner.
This is a paid internship, at competitive rates.
As a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Intern, your responsibilities will include:
· Successfully complete bot training
· Understand the bot purpose and value to the company
· Conduct requirements meetings including process monitoring/recording
· Document requirements for the purposes of process redesign or automation
· Work in an AGILE mindset and within a SCRUM framework
· Clearly articulate plans and timelines for project steps and delivering bot automation
· Collaborate with business leads, bot lead, testing and IT as necessary
· Triage testing defects as related to requirements
· Participate in and contribute to project status meetings
· Potential participation in hands-on building of process automation bots
At CNO Financial, we believe interns bring new perspectives to existing challenges. The CNO Financial Intern Program gives students an opportunity to learn about CNO and network while doing important work for the organization. We sustained our internship program, hosting interns during the summers of 2020 and 2021, despite the global pandemic!
This program compliments the learning that each department provides for the students through work and other activities such as
- Leader Talks
- Career Counseling
- Development Opportunities
- Final Presentations
- Department Tour (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
- Volunteering Event (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
Qualified candidates for a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Internship position will have:
· Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline
· Status as a rising junior senior, approx. graduation dates of Dec 2022 – June 2024
· Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
· Experience with C#, Visual Basic, Excel macros or VBS scripts is a plus
· Availability to work 40 hrs/week for 10-12 weeks during the summer
· Experience using Microsoft Excel, Office products
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as a motivated team player
· Ability to be organized and prioritize work; seek direction as appropriate
· Summer housing within 60 miles of Carmel, IN OR within the US eastern or central time zone
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Please note that the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.
CNO Financial Group offices are currently closed due to the ongoing pandemic. Post COVID, CNO Financial Group is pursuing a hybrid working model. Our associates will have access to come into their affiliated Office (Carmel or Chicago) up to 2 days/week, and work from home up to 3 days/week. Additionally, you will spend most days in interactive video sessions with agile and scrum teams, so it’s almost like being in person with your team every day!
To ensure accessibility to our corporate campuses, we encourage intern candidates to reside, or have other housing arrangements, within a 60 mile drive of Chicago or Carmel for Summer 2022. If you live outside the 60 mile radius, CNO will arrange for you to come to Carmel at least twice during the summer, at company expense.