Internal Audit Intern
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for an Internal Audit Intern to join our Accounting team for our Summer 2022 Internship Program. Every day will be different, but your responsibilities will include learning accounting processes, gathering information and documentation, and helping with special projects.
• Participate in the SOX financial and/or IT control program
• Attend walkthrough meetings with management and completing independent control testing, with the goal of supporting the Internal Audit team in documenting results of procedures performed.
• Communication skills to ensure effective collaboration with the Internal Audit team and business process owners to evaluate specific controls and relay testing results.
Experience and Skills:
• Current student (rising Junior or Senior) pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
• Working knowledge in Microsoft tools: Excel, Outlook, TEAMS, and PowerPoint. Willingness to learn to navigate additional tools, including our audit software (Auditboard).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Collaboration is key, so the ability to write concise, professional emails and ask questions to work with your team while in a remote environment is important.
• Extreme thoroughness and attention to detail, ability to project manage multiple tasks.
• Resourceful – a proactive problem-solver who is willing to research and present solutions to the team.
• Eager to learn and contribute to your team and organization.
• 3.0 or higher GPA