Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is known for innovative technology. We seek a self-directed IT intern with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with senior leadership.
Our IT interns will have the ability to help us progress with real world initiatives that will impact our stakeholders in meaningful ways. You will get hands on experience with a industry leading team and market leading technologies. You will work on real problems and build real experience helping power a digital transformation. We will meet weekly with the CIO to help ensure your efforts deliver high impact results. We will also ensure you get exposure to multiple parts of the IT teams so you can learn what interests you the most.
• Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
• Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
• Organize and maintain IT resources
• Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management
• Have the opportunity to lead a real project. Sample project ideas:
Help us continue our evolution to the agile methodology by setting up an Agile guild or helping lead some key agile ceremonies like retrospectives or sprint planning
Help us continue to push forward on the security front by leading security simulations, threat hunting, or solutioning our remediation efforts
Pick one of our on-prem solutions and lead the cloud migration for that component
We have a large cost savings opportunity by doing analysis of our existing Saas solution providers to find duplication and over provisioning.
Experience and Skills:
• Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Familiar with Powershell, Python, .NET, PowerBI and Microsoft Office Suite
• Conceptual understanding of network topologies and protocols, servers and cloud technologies and architectures
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well in teams
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail