Software Engineering Intern
Software Engineering Intern – Data & Visualization
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to shop, enroll, manage, and exchange benefits information more efficiently. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental, and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Software Engineering Intern to support our Data & Visualization team for our Summer 2022 Internship Program. In this role, you will focus on building applications for our reporting and analytics solution. This role is a great fit for someone inquisitive and data-oriented, specifically someone motivated to dig into data and figure out how to build tools and dashboards to present and understand findings.
• Assist with the maintenance of existing analytics products.
• Assist in the process of designing future products.
• Use Python/Spark to source and transform data.
• Help build customer-facing dashboards and web applications using PowerBI.
Experience & Skills:
• Current undergraduate or graduate student studying Data Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another related field.
o Rising Junior/Senior or graduate student preferred.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Experience with data visualization, data analysis, building presentations, and presenting data.
• Experience with SQL (required) and Hadoop (preferred).
• Prior internship, work, or independent experience in data analysis.
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.