Associate Software Engineer Intern
Associate Software Engineer Internship – Data Exchange
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to shop, enroll, manage, and exchange benefits information more efficiently. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental, and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is looking for an Associate Software Engineer Intern to support Data Exchange functions for our Summer 2022 Internship Program. In this role, you will interact with senior leaders, learn directly from business partners, and leverage our unique business practices while taking on rigorous assignments. Interns will have the opportunity to work in one of the following areas: Full Stack, Front-End, Back-End, DevOps, or Mobile. This position would be a great fit for someone with high technical capability and a knack for leadership.
• Supports the goals of the team by watching for and reporting on any issues that hinder productivity or stability of the product.
• Assists internal Engineering team on technical designs and updates.
• Works independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
• Implements features independently and completes all assigned tasks correctly and efficiently.
• Requires the ability to work well with others in and out of the team.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
• Current undergraduate or graduate student seeking a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Strong software engineering skills and comprehensive knowledge of technical competencies.
• Familiar with object-oriented design and programming languages.
o Experience with at least one of the following: Java, C#, Python
• Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability.
• Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases.
• Experience with unit testing.
• Understanding of UI frameworks such as React, Vue, and/or Angular.
• Highly motivated & results oriented.
• Strong organization & communication skills.