Project Management Intern
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
Benefitfocus is searching for a Project Management Intern to join our team. This is a remote position. The project management intern will gain experience in coordinating aspects of a product or service offering for an internal or external customer, from inception to installation. This role will include interactions with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. The project management intern is typically focused on the delivery of new or enhanced products to improvement of customer satisfaction through the use of technology. Project management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests. The project management intern will gain experience with oversight in project schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
• Assists with management one or more projects of moderate scope and/or complexity (e.g., various aspects of project through the lifecycle)
• Regular stakeholder interaction
• Effectively communicates with small or large groups in oral and written form, and presents information to others (e.g., reports issues)
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and meets outlined goals
• Exercise judgment to determine appropriate action to resolve problems and escalates to management when necessary
• Accountable to management based on how well project objectives are met
• Frequently interacts with functional peer groups at management levels and/or outside customers by gaining cooperation of others, conducting presentations of project status, impediments, mitigation recommendations and actions
• Other duties as assigned
• Working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or Business Management preferred
• Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-moving environment and meet deadlines
• 3.0 or higher GPA