Engineering Intern - Mechanical \ Manufacturing (2022)
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
The main responsibility of this position will be to assist project engineers designing Hi-Cone carriers, designing packaging machinery, and developing engineering documentation. The candidate may participate in all phases of the design process – brainstorming, conception, design, detailing, B/M creation, assembly support, and testing. The position will interface with other engineers, internal maintenance and operations personnel, sourcing, and marketing.
- Participate in machinery design process under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Participate in new product development activities that support sustainability goals
- Design improvements for existing machinery to meet changing customer requirements. Complete Engineering Change Notice procedures.
- Write technical bulletins, standard operating procedures, and installation instructions.
- Create parts, assemblies, detailed drawings, and BOMs in SolidWorks.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, having completed at least sophomore year and maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Some experience with SolidWorks Design Software including creating models, assemblies, and detail drawings.
- Effective communicator capable of independent as well as team collaboration.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.